The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for being a supply chain expert for their category/items. Modeling a customer centric approach to deliver the right quantity and freshness at the right time, while minimizing the cost to serve. This includes managing demand planning and fulfillment for complex categories/items in a robust and agile supply chain with a focus on maximizing sales while optimizing return on inventory. The Supply Chain Planner will develop cross-functional partnerships to analyze end to end supply chain driving speed, frequency, predictability, and cost effectiveness for their items and vendors. The Supply Chain Manager balances conflicting priorities from various partners by leveraging analytics to influence decision making.
As part of the leadership in the division, this individual is expected to support our customers which include our ShopRite Family Owned businesses and our retail sector. Additionally, we support and strategize for our subsidiaries which include Price Rite and SRS, as well other Banners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review and respond to exceptions from system recommended orders
- Monitor purchase order life cycle, proactively resolving issues
- Identify potential issues inside the lead-time window, develop proactive action plans to limit impact to customer
- Analyze in-season and holiday flow to satisfy customer demand while delivering expected return on investment
- Utilize system generated forecast to increase frequency and speed to market
- Create, maintain, and negotiate supplier constraints
- Track and report performance on established KPI’s such as service level, inventory turnover, sales, gross margin, etc.
- Oversee a group of VMI/co-manage suppliers
- Develop demand plans at multiple levels of aggregation and time horizons by analyzing historical sales trends.
- Lead cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances, and refine forecast model for pre-season demand forecast.
- Identify demand-driving variables such as price, weather, promotional activity, and substitution affect to create in-season demand projections.
- Collaborate with merchants, marketing, and suppliers to ensure current and accurate information is used for demand forecast.
- Influence merchant contract negotiations by providing input to volume planning.
Supply Chain Efficiencies
- Influence Category Manager Supplier selection.
- Leverage forecast data to improve speed to market and lead collaborative meetings with suppliers.
- Analyze transportation modes and recommend alternative methods to reduce cost to serve.
- Collaborate with operations, suppliers, and merchants to improve operational efficiencies.
- Lead supplier collaboration meetings to optimize end to end supply chain.
- Consolidate daily and weekly reporting for team and peers as assigned.
- Communicate with operations and members as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements for Supply Chain Planner
4-year College degree in Business/Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
Ability to forecast inventory levels to maximize financial goals and ROI
Strong communication, facilitation, and analysis skills are required.
Knowledge of operations, computer systems, and applications.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Rapid
Ability to prepare clear, concise documents for general and technical needs.
Demonstrated skill in interviewing users and identifying their information needs.
Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously