WF is looking for an Art Director to join the company’s in-house creative agency. The ideal candidate will work within a collaborative team structure to ideate concepts and craft communication across all relevant touchpoints of the consumer journey across Wakefern’s six banners (ShopRite, Price Rite, Dearborn Markets, The Fresh Grocer, Gourmet Garage and Fairway Markets). Assignments will include Campaign idea, video concepts and production, social media campaigns, site design, online advertising, editorial design, and branding projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The core functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creative conceptualization for fully integrated campaigns.
- Responsible for developing creative design and execution of all ShopRite advertising materials, including signs,
newspaper ads, circulars, target marketing, brochures and other collateral.
- Work with a team of creatives in developing advertising concepts from the smallest thought to the biggest.
- Help strategize new opportunities and improvements for advertising across various channels from paid social, email, landing pages, and more.
- Understand and promote contemporary design, leveraging style, function, and motion.
- Present creative to teams in a clear and compelling manner.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· 5-7+ years’ agency art direction experience.
· BA degree required; graphic design or communication design preferred.
· Excellent design sensibilities and the craft to match.
· High level of creativity, with Tv concepts and CPG/Retail advertising experience.
· Proficient in MAC software programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design
· Motion Graphics and animation experience is a plus
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Commitment to go the extra mile in time and effort to produce the very best work.
· Organized, able to multi-task, and manage weekly deadlines
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Ability to sit/stand in front of a computer for long periods of time.
· Ability to participate in retail store visits
· Ability to travel as required