Wakefern Food Corp. is a member-owned retail cooperative founded in 1946 that operates 354 stores in nine Northeastern states under five distinct banners, including ShopRite, Price Rice Marketplace, The Fresh Grocer, Dearborn Market in New Jersey, as well as the recent addition of Manhattan-based Gourmet Garage stores. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team.
Summary of Position:
The mobile developer should be front end focused and will be working within the Mobile and Client Applications team. They are responsible for development and support of various e-commerce (customer facing and internal) applications. Applications are built on variety of platforms including Azure and internal web servers.
- Coordinates with business unit heads, service managers/owners to understand business and functional requirements related to end-user experience
- Creates user-centered designs based on business and functional requirements
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and tests mobile cross-platform applications solutions using multiple software development kits
- Develops mobile applications on smartphones using programming knowledge from multiple operating systems
- Incorporates end-user feedback into design and prototypes
- Designs and develops elegant front-end UI for mobile applications
- Develops the back-end server side scripting needed to interface with the front-end UI
- Captures software defects using bug tracking systems currently in place
- Ensures that business rules comply with internal and industry software standards
- Coaches and mentors other team members
- Continuously learns new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong Native REACT or REACTjs experience
- Proven experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation (all phase of software development life cycle – SDLC).
- Must be a self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent functional, analytical, interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Apache Cordova and Native iOS/Android development is a plus.
Wakefern Food Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.