Wakefern Food Corp. is a member-owned retail cooperative founded in 1946 that operates 354 stores in nine Northeastern states under five distinct banners, including ShopRite, Price Rice Marketplace, The Fresh Grocer, Dearborn Market in New Jersey, as well as the recent addition of Manhattan-based Gourmet Garage stores.
As part of the Retail Human Resources team, the Retail Learning Specialist will support will support stakeholders, committees and retail-focused divisions by concentrating on three main areas: the development and/or delivery of effective learning materials/programs, assisting Members with the Retail Associate Engagement Survey and supporting new store/Member transitions. Associates in this position will assist in the coordination, development, implementation and evaluation of retail department/function specific learning (e.g. Web-Based Training, training documents, videos) programs and technical training programs (i.e. Perishable Production Planning Project, Mobile Scan, ShopRite From Home) as well as any others identified by the Retail Human Resources Committee as learning imperatives. This specialist will be responsible for providing status updates/presentations, formally and informally, to the Retail HR Committee and to the learning program’s associated division/committees (e.g. Digital Commerce, Retail Technology, Grocery Committee, Produce Committee). This position is located in Edison, NJ.
The specialist works a hybrid work schedule.
- Four year college degree
- Prior experience in HR, Training and/or Instructional Design
- At least one year of retail store operations experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in creating and giving presentations
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrated project management skills and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding of business operations and strategic goals
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources
- General knowledge of the laws and regulations that guide the hiring process is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to clarity and brevity
- Flexibility with sensitivity to the needs of others and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- A self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to leverage relationships to get results
- Working knowledge of HR technologies (LMS, HRIS, ATS) to support business success preferred.
- Strong technical skills in MS Office. Video authoring/development tools (i.e. Adobe Premier) is a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Wakefern Food Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.