The Oracle Accounts Payable Junior Accountant is responsible for the timely processing of our member supplier setup and the ongoing maintenance per guidelines established by SFS. The Junior Accountant controls the process of scheduling and generating the necessary checks for both ShopRite and Price Rite. Also, assists members and SFS A/P Staff in resolving issues related to the supplier setup and the payment batch process, which includes both the payment batch select and deselect process.
The Accounts Payable Junior Accountant works in partnership with the Members support staff, Payroll associates, as well as the various Wakefern department associates including SFS staff.
Job responsibilities include:
- Load & Verify Wakefern Statement load, daily local vendor and utility vendors interface and reconcile to ensure accuracy of data flow.
- Maintain weekly AP periods close, communicate with members on any exception, sweep and close AP periods.
- Process supplier setup request on time, accurately per the guidelines established and on completion communicate to member group.
- Setup and Schedule Payment batch to process Payroll/local & Expense checks, Sort and arrange delivery of checks to be returned to member associates.
- Provide necessary reports to members, payroll and cash management to manage day to day task.
- Troubleshoot Wakefern statement, local vendor and utility interfaces, check file import/printer issues, as well as, payment batch and vendor setup issues, etc.
- Perform necessary testing relative to assigned responsibility.
- Assist in preparation of year end 1099 process.
- Monitor and issue necessary PO’s for supply order.
- Perform record retention duties and project as assigned.
- May be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Preferred, but not required, a four-year college degree with the concentration in (Accounting or Finance) or currently enrolled night student with 100 or more college credits completed towards a Business Degree (Preferably in Accounting or Finance).
- Minimum one year experience related to Accounts Payable.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Well developed, oral, written and telephone communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Oracle Financial System environment.
- Working knowledge of SFS, Member and PriceRite business environments.
- Technical and personal computer skills required such as: Windows, Excel, Word, and the Rapid System.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within tight time constraints.
- Professional attitude and a team player.