The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives and overall corporate strategy with associates and management in specified business units. As the liaison between the business and Human Resources Division, this associate ensures that HR programs and services are directly in line with the needs of the business unit. In this role, the Business Partner acts as champion for both the associates and management to drive the strategic agenda forward by being an advocate for change.
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with business units in projecting talent needs and defining a strategy for developing a talent pipeline
- Partners with the business units in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of candidates needed to support the overall business strategy
- Assists in providing associates with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards
- Identifies training needs and develops plan for implementation
- Facilitates short and long term initiatives aligned with the strategic goals of the business units
- Actively participates in division team, staff and strategic meetings and interacts with key business stakeholders as necessary
- Identifies and executes best practices across all functions to promote continuous improvement and organization effectiveness
- Ensures all HR programs and services are aligned with the needs of the business units
- Regularly reviews key business performance targets and related people implications with business leaders
- Values associate opinions and looks for opportunities to regularly engage with the team to solicit input on business objectives and strategy
- Acts as coach, mentor and advisor whenever appropriate
- Collaborates with business unit leadership to address associate issues, gather documentation and provide counsel as required
- Shapes and improves organization culture.
- Analyzes HR trends, important data and relates specific metrics to the business
- Collaborates with business unit leadership to ensure the organization meets the needs of the business.
- Drives a culture of associate engagement through transparent communication
- Maintains accurate knowledge of HR guidelines and practices, providing guidance as needed. Also maintains knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Consults with Legal and/or Compliance as required
- May be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary
- Some flexibility in terms of a hybrid schedule
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer driven skills
- Clear understanding and linkage between the business strategy and talent acquisition, HR practices, services and initiatives
- Business acumen
- Ability to identify sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality
- Bias for action and ability to identify clear action steps to support business Units’ strategic plans
- Creative ability to determine new strategies for HR to support evolving business objectives
- Ability to analyze data and metrics and develop plan to support the business strategy
- Excellent organization and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Recognizes trends and develops recommendations based on the analysis
- Ability to determine what training is required for associates to meet business objectives and consult with SRU to determine or develop effective training programs needed for success
- Strong coach and counselor
- Effective networker and develops important relationships for the benefit of the business units and overall company
- Proactive and proceeds with a sense of urgency
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence others
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, guidelines and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, and other HR Technology as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree required; Master’s Degree in Business Management or Human Resources preferred. Minimum of 5 years of related experience. Must have strong working knowledge of progressive Human Resources Policies, Practices and Procedures, Labor Law, team member Relations, Learning & Development, talent management, and change management.
HR FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between HR initiatives and business strategy. Ability to design and implement HR initiatives to support strategy.
Understand the business environment and use insights about the business to improve HR strategy, activities, and delivery.
DATA & ANALYTICS SKILLS
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to collect and analyze appropriate data, recognize trends, and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
Able to engage, inspire, and influence others. Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. Strong team player, collaborator, networker.