As a member of the Retail Engineering Department, you will be responsible to provide Engineering support from project conception through completion. Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following: Overall project understanding, scheduling, contract document review, contract administration, assist in the development and execution of capital projects. Coordinate all required external stakeholders to minimize organizational disruptions.
The candidate pursuing this role must fully understand all mechanical aspects of supermarket HVAC, refrigeration and energy management systems. Must be able to provide technical support and assist with solutions to equipment problems. Provide detailed equipment inspection reports to owners, servicing contractor and equipment manufacturers. Review all billable service contract invoices and repair quotes.
Essential Job Functions
· Provide support for new construction and renovation from project development through completion to include:
· Coordinate and oversee all communication to entire project team
· Develop project schedules
· Coordinate related activities for Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Municipal Officials
- Develop layout & Design of Energy Management & Systems.
- Supervise Installation and maintenance of E.M.S.
- Instruct Store Personnel in operation and use of E.M.S.
- Survey stores for additional energy savings opportunities
- Meet with Members as requested.
· Schedule, attend and provide meeting notes for all weekly job meetings
· Contract oversight
· Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Provide support for service contract administration and ongoing EMS support:
- Provide minimum quarterly site visits to approximately 60 assigned stores, to supervise the performance of the servicing contractor and equipment.
- Examine equipment for possible warranty claims throughout warranty period. Process all claims and coordinate repairs.
- Installation and service guarantees are closely monitored to ensure all equipment is properly serviced and maintained.
- Quarterly site inspection to include written report. Report to list in detail all problems and recommendations. Follow-up with servicing contractor to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Review condition of any equipment which was condemned, to ensure the contractor diagnosis was correct.
- Provide technical support and help provide solutions to equipment problems. Available 24/7 for response to store emergencies by phone/PC.
- Assist energy management department personnel with service complaints and repairs.
- Review each chargeable work invoice prior to payment. Negotiate any necessary billing adjustments with contractor(s).
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Supermarket Refrigeration, HVAC & Electrical
- M.E. or E.E. Preferred
· Exceptional computer skills: Proficient in Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Project. Understanding of new and relevant software programs related to the field
· Ability to lead and supervise trades in the field
· Excellent written and oral communication skills