Wakefern Food Corp. is a member-owned retail cooperative founded in 1946 that operates 354 stores in nine Northeastern states under five distinct banners, including ShopRite, Price Rice Marketplace, The Fresh Grocer, Dearborn Market in New Jersey, as well as the recent addition of Manhattan-based Gourmet Garage stores.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Functions / Minimum Requirements:
Under the direction of the VP, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage/Lead Server, Storage and Database Engineering staff, develop team members, and implement best in class practices and processes
- Works with Enterprise Architecture to determine appropriate technology platform design, Works directly with application development teams to plan for and deliver server, storage and database capacity for various application upgrades and migration initiatives.
- Provides direct support to other IT areas and provides operational support and Engineering services to internal and external customers as needed.
- Ability to mentor team members and closely direct implementation activities
- Plans, manages and provides technology infrastructure support to other IT areas and lines of business
- Responsible for availability, security and performance of all development and production server, storage, and database infrastructure.
- Manages the engineering and design activities of the company’s technology infrastructure
- Manages the development, evolution and implementation of best practices and processes while maintaining agility in delivering industry standard server, storage, and database capacity
- Manages vendor relationships, technology expense and budgets.
- Works closely with multi-team technical resources, engineering managers and other stakeholders to ensure our systems function within SLA and that outages are dealt with rapidly and effectively
- Works as part of the CISD Management team to achieve departmental and shared divisional annual DPOR goals.
- Determines staffing requirements (both internal and external) to ensure defined objectives are met.
- Provides direction for direct and indirect reporting Associates.
- Develops Associates through mentoring, coaching, and challenging assignments.
- Manager performance evaluations and salary administration for direct and indirect reports.
- Guides the professional and personal development of associates, including certifications and/or degrees as required by the role.
- Administers departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Guides the development and use of standards and procedures according to SDLC best practices, revising standards and procedures as requirements change and technological advancements are incorporated into the CISD structure.
- Communicates and promotes the code of ethics and business conduct.
- Ensures completion of required company compliance training programs.
- Directs project presentations for recommendations and updates to staff, management, Committees, and Membership. Includes associates when possible to provide exposure and encourage them to build relationships with management and membership.
- Seeks out and actively participates in professional and industry organizations to remain current on technology and business trends and to help influence the direction of those trends.
- Stays current through personal development and professional and industry organizations.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a technology leadership role
- Strong experience in server, storage, and database platform delivery, high availability, replication, and optimization
- Planning and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Provides infrastructure services vision, enables innovation and seeks to leverage technology trends that can create business value consistent with the company’s requirements and expectations.
- Partners with colleagues to lead the technology infrastructure operations and execution for the enterprise, supporting a highly scalable and redundant environment.
- Experience managing budgets for acquisition of equipment, maintenance and services.
- Develops the team and mentors talent to deliver the technology management and execution capabilities of the organization. Enable a constantly learning environment.
- Experience with comprehensive technology delivery that is secure and reliable including disaster recovery architecture and operations storage area network and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures.
- Collaborative and Innovative leader comfortable with working in a dynamic environment
- Strong delivery and customer focus with attention to detail and quality
- Ability to act decisively and work well while directing multiple projects and operational activities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively liaise with staff in all areas and levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to foster collaboration, value others perspective and gain support and buy-in from stakeholders
- Proven success in managing growth and leading change in a fast-paced organization
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills that result in conclusive recommendations and sound decisions
Wakefern Food Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.