The Customer Care Representative is the front-line connection between Wakefern Food Corp.’s retail brands and their customers. As the first point of contact for customers via phone, email, and white mail, the customer care representative acts as a goodwill ambassador to foster positive customer relations that build confidence, trust and long-term loyalty to our brands. The representative must maintain a baseline level of knowledge across all consumer-facing facets of our business and interact with retail store teams and division staff to effectively serve the needs of today’s technically savvy, contemporary shopper. To be successful in this position, the candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in the use of personal computers and mobile technology. The CCR will use a variety of internal and external knowledge bases, information systems and internet resources, to research and respond to customers on a broad spectrum of topics striving to resolve issues on the first point of contact while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Listens and responds to customer complaints and inquiries, extracting and summarizing critical facts for data entry into customer contact management system.
- Opens, codes and records written customer communications (mail and email) into database.
- Makes decisions on routing/forwarding of customer comments to senior representatives.
- Determines and prepares appropriate responses to complaints and inquiries via letter/response library.
- Researches information using EME, RAPID and other corporate systems to develop appropriate responses to customer inquiries.
- Makes judgments that reflect SR/WF’s responsibility to its customers with respect to appropriate refunds/reimbursements. Handles refunds and good will gestures up to $10.00. Negotiates, as necessary, to insure fairness to both the customer and SR/WF.
- Performs fulfillment responsibilities – collating letters, coupons and informational brochures as needed.
- Initiates company action/response to consumer complaints. When required, brings to the attention of supervisor, any unusual complaint or trend. Escalates complaints or inquiries as necessary to senior representative.
- Accesses customer profiles via Price Plus database in order to answer promotion inquiries, update customer personal information and make minor points adjustments.
- Must be fluent in use and function of the all WFC retail/consumer facing websites and mobile apps.
- Troubleshoots issues related to digital coupons, SRFH issues including navigation and payment gateway, and all issues related to ShopRite Delivers
- Working knowledge of internet browsers with the ability to assist customers with all issues related to their online experience
- Accesses customer profiles via Price Plus database in order to trouble shoot digital/e-commerce related inquiries, updates customer personal information as needed.
The company reserves the right to alter or amend the list of core functions as necessary to account for the needs of the business.
· High School graduate or equivalent required, college a plus.
· Previous experience in a customer service or call center environment preferred, especially supermarket/retail.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as demonstrated through pre-hiring assessment.
· Strong interpersonal and conversation skills with the ability to empathize and stay calm under fire.
· Computer literate and technically proficient in MS Office, internet, online shopping applications, mobile applications.
· Excellent keyboard skills with high level of accuracy and speed
· Excellent spelling/grammar skills
· Must be detail oriented, with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
· Ability to exhibit proper business etiquette when dealing with all levels of the organization
· “Team” player with ability to contribute ideas and support co-workers
· Respects customer privacy and handles their personal information with confidentiality in accordance with corporate guidelines
· Flexible with regard to scheduling; ability to work evenings, weekends, and offsite if needed.
· Bilingual a plus
· Some basic knowledge of food and cooking a plus