The Contract Specialist supports the legal staff by managing the entire life cycle of company contracts from first request to final signature and distribution. This role is key to driving the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal team by creating and improving processes, maintaining records, and coordinating communications between the Legal department and other cross-functional partners.
What you’ll do
- Showcase strong analytical skills by documenting, collecting, analyzing, and reporting relevant data to improve legal operations.
- Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous improvement based on parameters provided by CLO or specific legal functions.
- Undertake initial contract review and negotiate standard the contract provisions
- Liaise between business units and Legal team to facilitate entire approval and execution process
- Enforce Company Signatory Authority Policy and Procedures
- Automate processes and procedures, to support effective efficient program management and business operations
- Identify, implement, integrate, and optimize legal department applications and tools to create automation capabilities
- Liaise with the Compliance team to perform vendor due diligences
- Train the Legal team and broader organization on the contract processes and procedures
- Apply creative thinking to tangible situations and suggest innovative ways of driving the department forward through processes
- Provide creative thinking and real solutions to identify cutting-edge strategies for reducing low value work while maintaining excellent legal representation
- Perform other relevant legal and compliance duties as requested
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience working with large or mid-sized in-house legal departments in contract administration
- Experience implementing and developing contract technology
- Prior experience developing processes, templates, and FAQs
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, utilizing effective organizational skills to prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple stakeholders
- Team-player with the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional role
- Excellent judgment, discretion, interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills