Who We Are:
A leader in food and beverage retailing, Wakefern’s unique cooperative structure allows independent grocers to compete, and succeed, against multinational chains. With 51 member families who independently own and operate 354 retail supermarkets under the ShopRite, Price Rite Marketplace, The Fresh Grocer, Dearborn Market, and Gourmet Garage banners, Wakefern Food Corp. is the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States.
The IT/Business Intelligence team aims to achieve one version of the truth empowering Retail Associates, Members and Wakefern with access to information anywhere, anytime to enable data driven decisions.
What You Bring:
As a member of the CIS Division, you will participate in all phases of a project’s development cycle, from the feasibility study through the production implementation. The Associate will participate in projects supporting the Computer Generated Ordering (CGO) functions, batch jobs, and related programs. In addition to working with the CGO Projects committee (headed by membership), the associate will be expected to work closely with associates of the CGO Help group – who directly support store associates using the CGO functions. Under the general direction of senior staff members, this position may be required to function independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a challenging, fast paced work environment requiring strong problem-solving skills, team collaboration, open communication, and a passion for learning. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. Also will translate application storyboards and use-cases into functional applications, design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications. In addition, this position will identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues while helping maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
To be considered a candidate an Associate must meet the minimum requirements of the job posting:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated software development experience, including requirements analysis, relational database design, and production support.
- Experience with Mainframe programming – COBOL, CICS, JCL, SQL & DB2
- The candidate should demonstrate the ability for self-learning and motivation.
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and recommend solutions in an interactive setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Wakefern Food Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.