The Manager Cash & Sales is responsible for overseeing the Cash & Sales and related Balance Sheet Reconciliations, as well as House Account Receivables and Rx Receivables, Coupon Receivables and Bank Reconciliations. The position is expected to work with the individual department Supervisors to identify and implement continuous process improvements and efficiencies. The Manager is also responsible to promote a positive attitude for change as it relates to the active and on-going Financial Transformation of the Division.
Scope includes oversight of 51 Members with a total of 356+ stores and 60 Pharmacies as well as Wakefern account and bank reconciliations as applicable.
This position currently includes responsibility over 4 supervisors and a staff of approximately 30 associates. The number of associates is dynamic as process improvements or number of stores/members change.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports Supervisors maintain the necessary department requirements from a Systems, Accounting and Human Resource perspective.
- Oversees/implements process improvements within the area including new software where applicable for time savings and more accurate reporting.
- Assists POS technical support with requested changes to the store front-end systems reporting to Cash and Sales.
- Creates and maintains the account mapping for all Oracle Members from POS.
- Supports member requests for new transactions/businesses for Cash & Sales and Accounts Receivable reporting.
- Reviews and tests system changes and upgrades to Oracle and POS.
- Ensures accurate and timely execution and delivery of the audit of store level cash and sales, and other financial information from the stores on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to Members and Wakefern, which includes, but is not limited to bank reconciliations to identify bank errors, accounting errors and fraud.
- Meets with KPMG for SOC1 audit and responds to all subsequent questions and reviews documentation, as requested.
- Interacts with CPG Vendors concerning coupon invoicing and payments and regularly meets with coupon clearinghouse to discuss coupon (paper & digital) processing.
- Participates in negotiations with coupon clearinghouses and reviews submitted proposals when contract renewal is pending.
- Oversees collections for Rx Receivable and House accounts, as required.
- Facilitates cross departmental relationships with the Supervisors for efficiencies and troubleshooting issues for the Members.
- Interacts with all Divisions affecting store front-end systems and accounting.
- Cultivates and maintains productive working relationships with Members and Stores.
- Oversee the training, development, cross training and evaluation of staff.
- Creates an environment of emotional safety where Associates can be productive, responsive and motivated to perform and support the Members.
- Performs timely evaluations for all direct reports and oversees same for Supervisors.
- Completion of special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree (Accounting preferred)
- Experience managing diverse departments on different platforms a plus
- Knowledge of supermarket operations and systems a plus.
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory, financial systems, computerized systems and control procedures
- Strong systems and personal computer skills; e.g., Oracle, MS Excel
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Proactive problem-solver who assumes accountability to complete all requirements
- Familiarity with Member and Wakefern systems