The Leader-In-Training Technical Program has a long history with Wakefern Food Corporation, and was created to provide our Company with a stream of talented individuals who have the potential to be outstanding leaders in our organization. As a LITT, you will participate in a 18-24 month program which will prepare you for a developer position within our Technology Division. In this role you will support program development and debugging, program modifications and maintenance, program testing and program documentation and roll out. Additionally, you will participate in all life-cycle activities in support of various IT projects which includes, but is not limited to: working with the technical leader, technical staff, and users on development of new systems as well as modifications to existing systems; meeting milestones for assigned tasks based on project plan; participating in code review, unit testing and integration testing; and documenting system design and modifications to existing systems. Individuals on this Technical Track will be required to participate in retail based projects at our retail stores as business need dictates.
- Ideal candidates have demonstrated leadership ability, are highly motivated and driven individuals who are eager to learn and positively impact Wakefern Food Corporation and its members. To be considered for this program, applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher, excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills and a passion for technology.
In order to be considered for this program applicants must have:
- Four-year college degree required (Information Technology/Business Management, preferred).
- Career interest in Technology and Project Management.
- Good working knowledge of programming languages (COBOL, JAVA, HTML, CICS), z/OS, .Net operating system, utilities, dumps and debugging techniques a plus.
- Experience in programming discipline, utilities, operating system, and/or working experience in another business system is desirable; but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of database languages (DB2, ORACLE, and SQL) would be considered a plus.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks as well as report to multiple management levels.
- Proven leadership, assertiveness and interpersonal skills proficiency is essential.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to write and deliver both formal and informal presentations.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years supermarket or other retail/wholesale related experience is a plus.